Monday, April 21, 2008

No Bread and No TV!!

Dear Journal,
I am having a exception for TV Turn-off week in my school to write on my blog. And to check my email, but that's a different story.
This week is TV Turn-off week in my school. It is when you take your mind off video games and TV and do other things.
My counselor, Mr. Everett, talked about health the last couple of weeks. He talked about physical health (exercises, keep clean...) and mental health (handling stress, look on the positive side...). So he said if you sit around and watch TV all day, then you don't have time to do other activities during the day. Like play with friends or visit family.
So he got this idea from 2 places: one, he got it from the real day in the US. Second, he got the idea from a Bernstein Bears book about watching too much TV.
The book is about how brother and sister always watched TV when they got off the school bus and mama got really frustrated about it. So she made a week of not watching TV and video games. And by the time the week was over, the kids barely watched TV from then on.
What a good lesson for all of us! I have to get to bed and soon because I have school in the morning and I need to wake up at 6:30 to get ready!
Our guests left today and I am really upset with my mom for letting them take one of my books with them. :(
Happy Passover!
Goldie D.

No comments: