Thursday, October 11, 2007

Vacation, the Zoo, what could be better?

Dear Journal

First, vacation. During October vacation, we went to Hangzhou. It took us almost 3 hours to get there by driving. We went to a hotel named the Sofitel. Once we got there, we put our things in our room, and we asked the hotel to bring us somewhere for a couple of hours. Our driver Jack told the hotel that we were VIPs hahahaha.. One of the hotel people drove in a golf cart and led us to a really high mountain that led all the way to a pagoda. We had to climb thousands of steps to get to the top. Once we came back down, my legs were shaking, because I walked maybe millions of steps that day. When we came back to the hotel after the pagoda, we saw a big sign that had a lot of kids and adult activities. My dad came over and said, "Can we go fishing at 4:30?" And the hotel staff said yes, and we went fishing later that day. We caught two fish, but we threw them back in the lake. The first one Jacob caught, and we just decided not to cook it. The second one I caught, we were going to decide to cook it, but it wasn't good for cooking.

Second, the Zoo. We went to the Zoo with my dad's coworker and his family. My mom didn't come though, she needed some time to herself, and we don't want to get into the details. We saw humongous giraffes, tigers, pandas, zebras, and as a matter of fact we saw fish and water animals.


Great big Panda Bear Hugs for everybody!

Goldie

PS You will really be hearing from me soon because I have another story to tell later. But it hasn't started yet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Goldie,
I'm not very good at using the computer so I hope this works. Mrs. Solomon just gave me the link to your blog, and I think it is so cute, I can't wait to hear all about China. How is your family doing there? Do u like your new school? It sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Keep in touch!

Sincerely,
Noelle Safar