Dear Journal,
Bright and early this morning my dad left for Singapore.
(That's where I got the catchy title, as Mrs. Solomon says)
As I was saying, my dad left very early this morning for Singapore. Jack picked my dad up very, very early, I think about... 5:20 am (China time) His flight was at 8 am (China time, not to be confused with Hammer Time; the song).
I woke up at 3 to gheesh (pee), and I couldn't fall back asleep for a while. So I took out my notebook and I wrote a letter to my father, saying:
Dear Daddy,
I love you!! I will miss you so much this next week. I bet Mommy and Jacob (who I do love, but not way up, but way way down) will miss you too.
I am sorry I am disturbing and taking your time. I just didn't think that saying bye and a hug for a second is a goodbye. Please before you leave come and wake me up and give me a kiss. I bet Jacob would like that, too. Plus mom of course. You should never forget Mommy.
Daddy I hope you have a good 5 1/2 to 6 days of good things in Singapore. But when you're gone, who will go on weekends to buy us videos and dvds? Cause mommy doesn't like to shop, Jacob not so much either.
Well, Jack (I think) is waiting, I think you should go and work as hard as you can to get more money. (Other side of paper)
Love, Goldie D. your daughter
When I was done with the letter, I left my room and quietly (squeakily) tip toed to my mom and dad's room. I couldn't' see so it was hard to put the letter on my dad's nightstand. I felt what was around me, and I finally found a place to put it. I think I put it on top of his cell phone and under a cassette tape. I quickly but squeakily left their room and went to my bunk bed. I tried to go to sleep and I finally did.
So long, farewell, Auf veidersen Goodbye
I fleet, I float, I fleetly fleet I fly,
Goodbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye!
-Goldie D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Goldie: Your blog is fascinating and I admire your prolific writing. I especially like the fact that your sense of humor shines throughin your writing. Isabel is getting used to school in Baltimore, too. While it is not China, going from a Jewish school to a secualr one is a big change for her, too. Your Mom is terrific for helping you with the blog. Give everyone in your family (and yourself) a big hug from the Feller-Kopmans. L'Shanah Tovah V'Metuchah to all of you, too.
Love,
Michelle Feller-Kopman
Hi Goldie,
You are a terrific writer and
Maya and I have had enjoyed catching up on your blog.
It sounds like you have been very busy and learning lots of new things. We look forward to keeping in touch with you and hearing about your experiences.
Love,
Mrs. Rosenberg and Maya
Post a Comment